Terms and conditions
Scotch® Magic Days Promotion – Full Terms & Conditions
- The promotion is open to residents of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland (ROI) aged 18 years and over, except employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter 3M United Kingdom PLC and its affiliate companies, their marketing agents and anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- To enter the promotion, participants must purchase a special promotional pack of Scotch Magic™ Tape (“Qualifying Products”) that has a unique code printed under the on pack sticker or as supplied. There is no limit to the number of entries a participant may make provided each entry uses only one of the special unique codes from a qualifying product. The qualifying products are as follows: 8-1975-D,8-1925D, 8-1925R3, 8101933, 8-1933R14TPR, 8-1925R1, 8-1915D, C31-DOG, C35 Football Dispenser, C39 Kitty Dispenser.
- The Promotion runs from 1st April 2014 until 23:59 on 31st December 2014 (“Promotion Period"). The closing date for redeeming the unique codes is 16th January 2015.
- The original till receipt and unique code must be retained as proof of purchase and may be required to redeem any prize. The promoter reserves the right to verify all winners. Codes are case sensitive and must be entered exactly as they appear.
- There are approximately 630,000 URNs printed on promotional packs of Scotch® Magic™ tape. Each URN has been pre-allocated a prize or gift voucher at random by an independently verified computer system. Promotional packs are available at participating stores and are subject to availability.
- To claim a prize or gift voucher, entrants are required to enter their URN and their personal details in the form at www.facebook.com/scotchUK (or at www.scotchmagicdays.3m.co.uk for those not registered with Facebook) and follow the on screen instructions to discover whether they have won a prize and how it will be provided. Every valid entrant will receive a £5 (€5 for ROI) gift voucher to be spent on www.goldenmoments.co.uk/scotchmagic in part payment towards redemption of an experience. A maximum of 2 gift vouchers per applicant (£10 (€10) value) can be claimed. Those customers purchasing the value pack (8-1933R14TPR) will be able to claim a £10 (€10) gift voucher off a single purchase.
- Each code is unique and can only be used and entered once. All entries must be made by the person entering the promotion. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
- Incorrectly completed entry forms, entries with invalid URNs, entries after the closing date or entries not received will not be accepted and will not receive a prize or a gift voucher. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost or delayed as a result of any computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- There are 1350 prizes available to be won consisting of 150 x £200 (€200) value experiences; 200 x £100 (€100) value experiences; 1000 x £50 (€50) value experiences.
- All experiences are redeemable at www.goldenmoments.com. Golden Moments terms and conditions as detailed on their website will apply in relation to the redemption of the prizes and gift vouchers.
- You can use your prize or gift voucher against any of the experiences provided by Golden Moments. More than one prize can be used to redeem an experience of a higher value (Eg: 2 x £50 (€50) prizes can be used to redeem a £100 (€100) experience). Cash can be used to make up the difference between the value of the prize and the cost of the experience (Eg: you could redeem a £100 (€100) experience by using a £50 (€50) prize + £50 (€50) cash).
- For all prizes and gift vouchers there are no cash alternatives available nor can gift vouchers be transferred, sold, auctioned or exchanged. In the event that a personal income tax liability arises, the Promoter shall not be held responsible for payment of this liability or any associated reporting obligations.
- All prizes and gift vouchers will be delivered using the entrant’s name and contact details given on the entry form and cannot be changed after the entry has been made. Please enter your name and contact details carefully.
- The Promoter is responsible for the provision of a prize or gift voucher only. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the quality of service received, or the availability of specific services, or the failure of any third party to fulfill its contractual obligations when the entrant redeems their prize or gift voucher. Any complaint about the service or quality issues affecting the redemption of your prize or gift voucher should be resolved directly with the service provider. The Promoter is in no way endorsing the services of the third parties in this promotion.
- Prize Draw: Each entrant to the promotion will be automatically entered into a prize draw to be held at regular intervals during the promotional period to win a £250 (€250) experience voucher gift pack. The prize draw will take place on the following dates: Draw 1 Weds 4th June; Draw 2 Weds 6th Aug; Draw 3 Friday 3rd Oct; Draw 4 Weds 3rd Dec; Final Draw Weds 7th Jan 2015. All non-winners in each draw will be rolled over to subsequent draws.
- The prize draw winners will be selected at random by an independent adjudicator and notified by email within 5 days of the draw being made. The Promoter’s decision with regards to the prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of winners.
- The Draw prizes where possible will be posted within 14 working days of notification on condition that the winner has provided their address details on the registration form. However, we reserve the right to deliver prizes up to 28 days after the draw date. The Promoter will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond the Promoter's reasonable control.
- All prizes are valid for 9 months from date of issue and are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-redeemable, must be accepted as offered and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. No cash alternative will be given. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to substitute any and all prizes with prizes of comparable value. No changes can be made to the prize by the winner.
- The Promoter cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Entrants agree that the Promoter and all agencies acting on its behalf in conjunction with this Promotion will have no liability whatsoever for any losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this Promotion. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit the Promoter's liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these conditions. In the event that the promoter has reason to believe that a person or entity is entering using false information or including but not limited to any attempt to guess codes or to enter a code more than once or otherwise tampering with the entry requirements of the promotion, it reserves the right to treat such entrants as invalid and any prize award will be forfeited and the entrant disqualified from further participation in the promotion.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies cannot be held responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate code or participant’s entry details; any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; any unauthorised access to, theft, destruction or alteration of codes at any point in the operation of this promotion; any system failures on the website, any damage to participant’s computers which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the promotion or download of software or reward as part of the promotion.
- Entrants consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter and its agents for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. Entrants may be required to participate in related publicity without further payment.
- Any personal information communicated by entrants to the Promoter during the promotion will be subject to data processing in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 relating to the protection of a personal privacy and with regard to data processing of information of a personal nature. In accordance with the law, entrants have the right to access, rectify or delete their personal details. Entrants who oppose the use of their personal details may not (no longer) participate in the promotion. Entrants may exercise their rights free of charge by making a request in writing sent by post to the Promoter at this postal address: Scotch Magic Days Promotion, 3M Centre, Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8HT (postage costs will be reimbursed on request at the standard non urgent rate). Personal data which an entrant provides to the Promoter when entering this promotion:
- For the names and counties of the prize winners, please send your request together with a self-addressed envelope to Scotch Magic Days Promotion, 3M Centre, Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8HT after 14th January 2015. Details will be available for a period of 3 months.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions , at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter's decision is final on all matters in relation to this promotion.
- Promoter: 3M United Kingdom PLC, 3M Centre, Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8HT
There are £100,000 (€100,000) worth of amazing experiences to be won.....the choice is yours!
We have 150 x £200 (€200) experience vouchers, 200 x £100 (€100) experience vouchers and 1000 x £50 (€50) experience vouchers waiting to be won.
But that’s not all.....!
If you don't win, we're giving away a complimentary £5 (€5) gift voucher with EVERY SPECIAL PACK to put towards the experiences available. Those customers purchasing the Scotch® Magic™ Tape value pack (product code 8-1933R14TPR) will be able to claim a £10 (€10) gift voucher off a single purchase. Up to 2 x £5 (€5) gift vouchers or 1 x £10 (€10) can be used in any one booking.
Please note that travel is not included in any prize - winners will have to make their own arrangements to attend their chosen venue.
MONTHLY PRIZE DRAW GIVEAWAY
Every valid unique code that you submit during the promotional period will entitle you to entry into one of our 5 separate prize draws to win a fabulous £250 (€250) experience gift pack.
These draws will be held on the following dates: Draw 1 Weds 4th June; Draw 2 Weds 6th Aug; Draw 3 Friday 3rd Oct; Draw 4 Weds 3rd Dec; Final Draw Weds 7th Jan 2015.
All non-winners in each draw will be rolled over to subsequent draws.
HOW IT WORKS
Find out if you’re a Magic Day winner by following these easy steps:
Purchase any pack of Scotch® Magic™ Tape that has a promotional sticker attached (see T&Cs for full list of participating packs).
Find your code here...
- Enter your 12 digit code to see if you’re a lucky winner.
- Fill in your personal details so we can send you your prize if you win and to be automatically entered into one of our regular prize draws for yet more chances to win.
- You will immediately be informed on screen if you have won a Magic Day Experience.
- Winners will be sent their Magic Day Experience gift code voucher by email together with details on how to choose and book your experience.
Don’t forget to keep your code and a valid till receipt or company invoice as this may be required for prize verification. Each code can only be entered once but you may enter again provided each of your entries is submitted with a new pack code. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over to participate and the closing date for entries is 31st December 2014.
HOW TO USE SCOTCH® MAGIC™ TAPE
We've put together some easy to follow guides to add a touch of magic to your presentations. Click the options below to find out more.
We will always aim to reply to your enquiry within 2 working days.
3M respects your right to privacy. This policy summarizes what personally identifiable information and other information we may collect, how we may use this information and other important topics relating to your privacy and data protection.
Cookies are used on this website to maintain and improve your website experience. No data is sold to third parties.
About Scotch® Magic Tape - IN DEVELOPMENT
(Advert creative to be supplied by Escapade PR for adaptation)
Scotch® Magic Tape is the original matte-finish, invisible tape. Frosty on the roll but invisible on paper, it comes in a variety of widths and lengths.
- Great for a wide variety of uses, such as sealing envelopes and permanent mending of torn documents.
- Invisible in use, can be written on
- Easy to handle and tears by hand
- Dispenses smoothly and quickly
- Permanent and secure
- Won’t ghost on photocopies or yellow with age
- Roll sizes available for desktop dispensers (1" / 2.5cm core)
- Can be written on with pen, pencil or marker
Click here for useful tips and advice on how to use Scotch® Magic™ Tape (link to pdf download of “How To” guide – Escapade PR to supply)
Click here to view the full Scotch® Magic product range (link to www.scotchbrand.com)